Monday, November 24, 2008

Fleas!!! Days 20 - 24

20. Thursday was an awesome day full of things to be thankful for. So, mostly, I will just say that I am thankful for celebrations and everything that they entail. From the thrill of seeing a long-planned project come together, to the simple joy of consuming delicious foods made by good friends and the laughter and smiles and silly anecdotes. Thursday was a medley celebration pot-luck at Christian Challenge. It was also the longest day of my life. But it was fun!

21. Friday, also a long day, I am thankful for a special family. I saw some friends on Friday that I have missed. A family with whom I was very close, and am now barely connected. So I am thankful for them despite our somewhat strained relationship.

22. On Saturday, I was very grateful for Mrs. Caroll Brown Swinney. She was my high school theatre teacher, and as a chaperon for the thespian festival, I was so grateful for her continuing influence in my life, and for her stand against moral compromise amid the craziness of performing arts.

23. Sunday we talked about being thankful for the "bad" things or fleas in life. So, I will be thankful for the people who are daily teaching me patience through their lack of kindness and giving me an opportunity to share the concept of unconditional love.

24. Today, I am thankful for things that beep. I hate them so much, and often wish that I could live in a world without alarm clocks and kitchen timers. There are at least half a dozen beeping apliances at my house. Thankfully they have probably prevented some terrible things in my life.

No comments: