Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 14 already...

Today, I am thankful for the written Word of God. It blows my mind to think of how many details throughiout history were carefully laid out so that I could have an English Bible. Yesterday at Christian Challenge, we had aquired, finally, a few more Bibles. I was thrilled. Since it is usually my duty to pass out Bibles to those who are lacking, I have been rather depressed lately at our slim supply. But yesterday there was a giant stack. Since then, I have been thinking about the fact that in so many places, Bibles are not only in short supply, they are often illegal, sometimes unheard of. So today, I am thankful for the Bible. For my little blue personalized Bible. And for all the Bibles we have printed in all the languages so far, and the ones to come.
I am also thankful for my favorite passages of Scripture and how faithful God is to speak directly to me through His Word.
I Timothy 3:16&17 -- "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be equipped for every good work."

1 comment:

Aimee- said...

I posted about being thankful for the Bible on my day 12 of what I am thankful for. Isn't it awesome that we have all we need--ready to read when ever we want!?!