Monday, November 10, 2008

Days 9 and 10

Day 9:
Yesterday, I did not have the chance to post. But I realize now what I should have been thankful for yesterday: My job.
I was very grumpy about going to work. I was frustrated that I have been working a lot lately. I was thinking, "I got paid much better before. Why did I switch jobs?"
But I know I did the right thing. I actually love my job. I enjoy making coffee and meeting new people each day. I love my co-workers (even though my two friends I knew when I started now work other places). I don't mind cleaning the bathrooms or doing the dishes. It's waaaay less stress than my old job, and just plane ol' fun. Plus, who doesn't love free coffee?

Day 10:
Today, I am thankful for my car. I want to give it a great name. It has been through so much. Let me mention, first, that I have an.... interesting driving history. I got this car not long after my last one had some reverse cosmetic surgery in the form of my "failing to yeild while making a left hand turn" (at least that's what the cop said). It had also suffered a couple garage door incidents and been the weapon in a dog's murder (or so the PETA activists yelled as I cried myself home).
Well, let's just say that my other car had some not-so-fond memories attached to it. So, last Christmas, my parents and I struck a deal, and I got my new car. He's a lovely little thing. I have even adorned him with a Calvary Chapel Surprise window sticker and a girl praying at the cross. My rearview also sports the great charm my mom bought that is pretty fitting, "Take the road less traveled, but don't get lost."
Well, last week, I had an incident involving bushes. My poor car survived with barely a scratch.

No comments: