Sunday, November 15, 2009

More of You, Less of Me

2 Samuel 5:10
"And he became more and more powerful, because the LORD God Almighty was with him."
Acts 27:25
"So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as He told me."
As I lay in bed at night, I remember my walks on the beach, my phone calls with my family, and the Words that God has placed on my heart. I wake up praising Him, still in a state of disbelief that I have been living in a foreign country. I leave in 3 weeks, with the plan to return in February (this time for 1o months). I feel so.... blessed. But some nights I still fail to rest easy.
This week was my Missions class. It was a tough class. Most of it was about Spiritual Warfare, and that was intense. I realized that I need to pray more. The last day we talked about building a support team. I realize that this is something I need to do. I know there are many people who have provided me support, through prayer, exhortation, money, and other ways. And I appreciate it more than I can tell. However, since I plan to be in Peru for the next year and a half as a missionary/intern/student, I have realized that this is an area that I have not spent much time on. So, please pray for me as God and I work on this in my life.
I know that only through God can I become more powerful, like David. And I know, like Paul, that my God is faithful. He will keep His promises to me, and He will provide for me to do the work in the area He has guided me into. But sometimes my faith is so weak, so I pray that I will continue in the path He has set before me, and I thank God that He is faithful no matter what, and that His work is not dependant on my faithfulness, but on His.
If I sound weak, I am glad because I am certain that God is using me right now, and if you see my weakness, you will not be able to give credit to me. But let me tell you, I am so full of joy right now. And even amidst my anxiety of the looming money issues, I have a peace inside that I am learning to grab hold of and cling to in times of uncertainty.
I pray so often for many of you. I am so grateful to you for your encouragement, especially to Danielle and Linda who are always finding just the words I need to hear.
I am so happy to be returning for a couple months, and am excited to see how God will use the rest of my time in Peru to prepare me for the next step and to reach the people here.
I didn't share much about my trip last week because it is still processing, but please ask if you want to know more.
This week, I challenge you to surround yourself with godly people who can support you in the call of God on your life.
Please pray for me as I try to do the same.

No comments: