Monday, November 9, 2009

Home?


So, this week was amazing. I went with five other students to Cuzco and we were expecting to stay in a hostal, and instead got to stay in a huge house with two rock walls and a pet sheep (who I adore). We were blessed to overflowing with extra funds which we passed on to our host, Coco, and his ministry. We were able to share the Nueva Buena with children and families all around the Cuzco area in several mountain villages.


Sunday morning, we headed to the airport with groggy faces and backpacks full of dirty clothes, and spirits full of fond memories. But our adventure was not over. Due to unforseen weather conditions and several events beyond our control, we got home (AKA Lima) more than 28 hours later than expected. I truely believed God had us there longer so we could be a witness during times of unexpected misfortune as well as blessing. It is so easy to be on fire for God when you have a comfy bed and clean clothes and extra food and a pet sheep. But take that away and give you an airport floor as a matress and it's not quite as easy.


I have been in Lima for about 3 months now, and I leave in a month. I have learned a lot here, but I have learned what words cannot express on my trip this past week.


My challenge to you is to look at all the ways God has been blessing you, and remember them, even when you are frustrated.
I meant to post more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We miss you! Can't wait until you come back Rachael!