Sunday, November 22, 2009

Instruments of Wickedness or Instruments of Righteousness?

Happy Sunday!
Today, I forgot myself, and almost forgot to post. That would be dreadful since I only have two more Sundays in Peru.
This week, I have been pretty busy with my 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus class (AKA Pastoral Epistles), and I have learned a lot. I have been to the beach a couple times also, and I have found time to enjoy the weather, now that it is FINALLY a little warmer. :)
On a deeper level, I have been distracted this week. Thoughts of so many things are flooding my head. Thankfully, I have so many encouragements to keep me praying. God has been teaching me a lot about myself, and I am exciting to see what is to come.
I never could have anticipated what this time in Peru would mean to me, and I am glad to be returning next semester.
I have found a new verse that I plan to memorize for the times when I am tempted to live for myself and fleshly desires:
"Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to Him as instruments of righteousness."
As a daughter of God, I have two options constantly before me with my thoughts, actions, and even emotions. I can offer them to God, as instruments of righteousness, or offer them to sin as instruments of wickedness. And when we don't offer them to God, this is sin. That may be hard to swallow, but it is a truth I am learning the hard way. I need to put God in the center of all I do if I desire to please Him in it.
So, please pray for me as I struggle to put aside my distractions and offer the parts of my body to God. My challenge is for you to spend some time allowing God to point out which parts of yourself you are offering to sin.
Have a great week friends!

No comments: