Sunday, May 23, 2010

A quick recap of my week

So, last week I took a class in Spanish. I am amazed at how well I did. I got no credit for it, but it was worth it to sit in and learn. My brain is so packed with Spanish vocabulary and gramar rules that I think it may burst. I am very thankful for my English speaking friends, and also for all the people here who have been so patient with me.
I thought that last week would be my break. A week off. But it wasn't, and I am glad. I am keeping busy. I have helped Ivy, one of the staff members, and my dear friend, with some of her office work. And I am getting ahead on my Chuck Tracks. I have also been spending time with my buddy Shirley and her mom. I am planning to attend the Women's Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, as well. So, there are no plans to slow down soon.
Besides which, since there are not a bunch of students, there is no chef... which means I have to buy and prepare my own meals. I am learning the value of the dollar (and the sole). Today I was so excited because it was my first chance to do my own laundry here in Peru. (I know that sounds silly, but when you pay a certain amount per load, it's exciting to do 5 for less than half that price.)
All-in-all, my life is exciting. God is teaching me things I would have never expected to learn during this time. I can't hardly wait until the teams start showing up from the States and I can speak English and eat good food again. :) But for now, I really do love a room to myself and a flexible schedule.
I also would like to share with those who don't already know that I am returning to Arizona in August. I am excited to see my family and try a semester online. It should be a good time in the Lord continuing my preparation for real life in ministry. See you all then.

No comments: