Sunday, May 30, 2010

My prospective plans

This week flew by. My Spanish is improving, and I think I am learning a lot more about Peruvian culture. Soon, Mission teams from the States will be arriving. Please pray for me, that God will give me the ability to do all that may be required, whether that is just waking up early to make them breakfast, or accompanying them on trips to other parts of Peru as a translator. These are some of the things I have already been asked to do. I am sure that this will be a whole new kind of experience for me, and I am especially nervous about the translation. I know that God likes to use weak and despised things, so I will have to find my confidence in Him.
Also, please pray for Pastor John Bonnor, and his wife, Pilar as they travel across three continents this month. They will celebrate their anniversary (along with my parents) this week, while they are visiting their son in California. Then, the whole family is headed to Germany for their daughter's wedding.
The church here will be without their head pastor for that time, but we have a few great leaders here to keep things running smoothly.
Thanks to everyone who has supported me. Soon, I hope to get back to a weekly challenge. I will have to set aside more time for prayer and reflection next time I write one of these. I am looking forward so much to returning to the States in August, but even more to living the life God has for me each day as I wait for Him to show me His will.

No comments: