Sunday, July 11, 2010

I know we've come so far, but we've got so far to go.

As the time grows closer for me to leave Peru, I am beginning to realize how much I will miss this place. My life has been here for the last year. And being here I have learned a lot. But what means the most to me is something that I faced again this week. As much as I know and as much as I have grown, I still have a long way to go.
The other day, I was upset about something silly, and I justified my anger.
I often let my mind dwell on thoughts I shouldn't.
I sometimes get lazy and ignore a simple task that God would have me complete.
More often than not, I need to repent of my attitude when making beds or getting up earlier than I want to.
These are just a few of the sins that are hideous to God. I am learning to hate them to. I want to hate my sin as much as God does so that I can become the woman He wants me to be. I want to be more like His Son who stands between me and Him. I want to be worthy of the Name that I hold. I want to be able with Paul to say that I have done all that God has asked of me.
That is my goal. And that is my challenge to you this week. If you have just realized your need for a Savior, or if you have been walking with our Lord for years, there is still so much more that God wants to change in you. Sanctification is a process... it's sometimes painful, sometimes ugly, but always worth it.
Next week I am going to Arequipa. Pray for me, that God would use me and the team to do His work. I will be back in Lima for just a few weeks after that. See you soon. :)

1 comment:

sillyconversations said...

Thanks for posting this. It made me think about my relationship with sin. Do I really HATE sin as much as God hates it? I don't think I've thought about it like that. Thanks! I want to see you when you get home. please please PLEASE let's go to coffee, and walk around micheals if we have to. Love you!