Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another one bites the dust

YAY!!! I have finished another class. This semester has been a lot more work academically. But God has used it in mighty ways. Last weekend I could hardly see how I would finish this class, but by the grace of God I have. And the best part is I am leaving tomorrow for a class on the beach. That's right! The English students are headed for a few days on the beach with Pastor Brian Newberry from CC San Diego. It looks promising!
I am excited to see what God has in store for me this week. I know that there is so much I still need to learn before I will be the woman I can be, but thank God He uses imperfect people to do His work now.
I went to a great vow renewal ceremony tonight for CC Lima's pastor, John Bonner, and his wife Pilar. They have blessed all of us here by being willing servants and starting a Bible college and a church ten years ago. And tonight they celebrated 25 years of marriage. It was a great time.
My prayer is that I will one day have a marriage that lasts that long and is still centered on God. It's funny. Girls are the same around the world. My good friend Shirley, who is Peruvian, also dreams of a beautiful wedding and an even more beautiful wedding. That is one of my greatest desires. I know God will bless it if I am faithful to obey Him and wait for the right man.
Have a great week, my friends. I sure plan to. See you at the beach! Or not. ;)

No comments: