Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now

(This has also been posted on the Addis blog.)
Ok, so today is just a few days before we fly out and at this point Erica and Sarah have already suffered trials the kind of which I could deem only attacks. I, today, was just excited as anything. We had some exciting news from D. and are almost all packed. Passports are ready, and all signs are go....
And then...

I was driving, not on my phone, seat belt secure, came to a full stop a car length behind the car in front of me...(I'm sure you can guess where this one is headed.) Seconds later my rear windshield, my cute little hatch, and my precious "prayin' girl" were gone. I searched frantically for my cell phone, but to no avail.
As soon as the police had been called and all important documents had been retrieved, I waited for an hour with the other two involved parties. And when we were given the "all clear", I did what any rational college student who is a week away from her 20th birthday would do, I drove a mile to my brother's house, cried like a baby and tried to break in, and then he showed up just in time to stop me from breaking something.

Now, my dad is dealing with the insurance (I love that man!) and I am asking all of you to pray. Pray the prayer I have been praying since I got hit:

God, we know that you are in control and that you have allowed this for a purpose. I don't know what that is, but I pray that you will be glorified by your faithfulness in this situation. I know you love me and have the best plan for Erica, Sarah and I on this trip. I pray that you would hold us close and keep us focused on you. -- Amen

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Rachael ~ Sorry to hear of your car accident! No fun. I'm praying for you, Sarah, Erica, as well as the person that hit you. Praying that your missions are more effective than ever as a result of your growth through attacks. You're an awesome role model! Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

Rach, You are one amazing woman. I have seen you fight through some things in life that nobody but you could do so strongly. You may be my younger sister, but you are also someone I am very proud to call my friend!!! I'm so proud of you for always doing exactly what you know is right, maybe not for everyone, but what is right for you! I love you!