Sunday, June 20, 2010

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

Today was Father's Day! The reason this post is going up so late is that I spent hours talking to my family today. I am totally in love with them, in case I haven't made that clear. I missed them like crazy. But my God is so good that He knew that they were what I needed today.
I have a great father. He loves me and cares for me. He is always concerned about me and my siblings and our well being physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I often call him my human concordance. He is the source of most of my knowledge. And since being in college, I have come to love him more.
But if I ever had to choose between my earthly father, and my Heavenly Father, I would take the second. I am so blessed that God has given me parents who love Him as much as I do. But I know that my God loves me more than my parents do.
I would be temporarily paralyzed without my dad, but I know that I will live with him forever in eternity. I think that's why its easier for me to say goodbye for a few months or years. I miss him terribly, along with the rest of my family, but in light of eternity, what's six more weeks.
My prayer is that this Father's Day, you all experience a little piece of the Father's love and get to know Him better. He wanted to be your Father so bad, He watched His Son die. I can't imagine love like that, but I feel it sometimes... it's overwhelming.

No comments: