Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feliz Dia...

Today is Valentine's Day! I have successfully completed a week of school. I must say, I feel very loved right now. I have been enjoying my classes as well as my time in the coffee shop. I am loving the other students; we have lots of fun together. I also was able to go to Ventenilla, a poverty stricken area on the edge of Lima, where the church has a children's program each Saturday. Through the combination of all this and much more, God has been doing a great work in my life.
I know all of you in the States want to know when I am coming home, and some even wonder if I ever will. So here it is: the more time I spend here, the more my heart grows in love for the people, the language and the food. But the more time I spend here, the more God confirms His call on my life to return to the States when I am finished with Bible College. One day, I would like to bring my family and friends to this city I love so well, so that they could understand me better because I know this place has helped shape who I am.
But I have recently felt that my life experience has uniquely prepared me for ministry in the Phoenix area. I cry when I think that so many people there are lost and dying, just like the people here. I have a special place in my heart for those who have moved from the land they know to a place where they are struggling to belong. I know there are so many people struggling to find love this Valentine's Day, and I want to help them find the One who created love and Who loves unconditionally.
I am here to study the Bible, and learn Spanish, and to know God's Will in my life better each day, but I do believe I will return to you. :)
I am studying the book of Genesis with the other girls here, and I am seeing how God fulfilled all His promises to Abraham. God is doing the same in my life right now. Some promises are fulfilled, some are just being made, but they all hold such hope for me in the trustworthiness of my Savior.
So, if you would, pray with me for the people of Lima, the people of Phoenix, and those God has laid on your heart. Pray that they might seek Him while He still may be found.
Happy Valentine's Day

No comments: