Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Inherited Blessing


So, many of you have asked me to share more pictures, so I have posted several on my Facebook profile, and I have made a point of taking at least one each day. I started with the picture of me dancing in bright colors because, as I see it, that was definately a highlight of the week, but as I have in the past, I will continue with my day-to-day exposition of God's work in me, here, in Lima.
This is a sight I didn't expect to see, but after a day of studying Matthew, I walked outside and saw Tim climbing into his room. I was pretty concerned for his safety, at the point the picture was taken. However, knowing there was little to be done to help him, I could not miss this photo oportunity.
Tuesday was a fairly uneventful day. I was an uneventful day. I actually did basically nothing most of the day because I was not feeling well. But on Tuesday night I finished a video I made for my sister-in-law, Stephani. It was her birthday on Wednesday, and I just wanted to make sure she knew that I love her and I think about her often.
This picture is of me and my good friend Bailey. She sleeps in the room adjoining mine. And I love her! She is the same age as me, but on her third semester here. After Bible College she will probably go back to the university and finish her business degree. She works in the coffee shop for her M1 (which is basically a required chore that we have to do for credit). Wednesday was a crazy busy day, but I did manage to finish my Genesis Chuck Tracks! It was a good day of God teaching me the importance of character over the desire for knowledge. While it is good to study God's word, study is pointless without application.

This is the sign over the door in the front of our classroom. This sign stares at me all day long, and sometimes I find myself staring back. Usually I just find myself thinking about Finding Nemo, but lately it has taken on new meaning to me. It reminds me of what I wrote in my last update: God always provides an escape from temptation. So now, I am seeing that more and more, and I pray for God to keep showing me that whenever I see that sign over my classroom door. (And sometimes I still think about Finding Nemo and try not to laugh.) Also, on Thursday, I went tree climbing in the park, but we all forgot to bring our cameras.
And now, the day you have all been thinking about since you stumbled across my page. Or maybe you know me well enough not to be surprised by the crazy picture at the beginning of this post. Either way, I am here to let you know that I was a finalist in the Day of Colors Contest. We all dressed in the most colorful outfits we could comprise, and mine was in the top three. Then we had a dance off, and I, of course, lost. But Carlos had an awesome outfit, and an equally awesome show. This was a fun and relaxing time. Just what we all needed after a few weeks of intense study. I love it here!
On that note, let me end my week. I had more fun yesterday at the orphanage, and then did some dishes and talked to my family. Traci, my friend from AZ, is returning to the Grand Canyon State tonight, and so we went out last night.
Since I have been here, I see how God is changing me into His image. It is a slow process, and the more He changes me, the more I am able to see how much there is still left to change. I am excited to share this whole experience with all of my dear friends in the US, and with my new friends here. I know that God is preparing me for something new and exciting. I am pretty sure that I will be home in two years starting work on a brand new ministry, but I see more each day that God is teaching me things here I would never have learned at home. I am learning through living with strangers and a lack of freedom the importance of loving others and depending on God. All this is changing me a little at a time into the servant God needs to serve the people I love so much back home. I need this time of training to prepare me for the ministry I want so badly to jump into right now. I pray that God will bring me back to you a woman after His heart who can be used to serve His people. And I challenge you all to pray that He would bless you with the same.

It's so COOOOLLLDDDD here!

No comments: