Monday, July 6, 2009

Trusting in God

Dear Family and Friends—
This year has been a rollercoaster of faith and doubt for me. In September, I found out about an opportunity to serve God in Ethiopia, and I made a step of faith to go. In the months between the decision and the actual trip, I faced many doubts and fears (and even a car accident). But God proved His faithfulness over and over again to me. Through financial miracles and great sacrifices of family, friends, and even some people I have never met, God provided for me to travel across the globe and serve those who could never dream of the kind of money I spent to get there.
Since my trip to Ethiopia, I have applied and been accepted into Calvary Chapel Bible College in Lima, Peru. Throughout my life, I now see, God has used every little success and struggle to prepare me for the next task He has for me. I believe that through my studies in Peru the next two years, I will grow closer to God, and become thoroughly prepared to serve Him where He next calls me. I am trusting that God will provide for me, and my parents have been beacons of hope and pillars of strength as they remind me that our God is faithful and will never let me down.
Now, here’s the part where you come in. While I am in Peru, I will be participating in some missions projects that could cost anywhere from $130 to $450. I also recently learned of an opportunity to study for a week in Israel. I am certain God will provide for me whatever I will need, but I know that provision may come from other believers who wish to share in the blessings I am sure to experience through this service. Any amount you could spare would be greatly appreciated.
So many of you have given me so much support, spiritually and financially, in the past, and I am asking that you give now only what you feel God is asking of you and nothing more. I value your love and prayers so much more than your money, and hope that you will remember me as I continue my race to eternity.

If you would like to help me financially, please click on my Chip-In Widget (or ask me for more information).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father I pray for Rachel right now. Lord, please bless her financially and supply the funds for what you have called her to do. Lord, thank you for your faithfulness. Lord thank you for placing Bible College on Rachel's heart. Lord I pray that you will just grow Rachel up in YOU and that You will fill her with revelation of your glorious riches and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Lord I just pray for safety and protection for Rachel. Lord I praise you and thank You for Rachel and pray that you would use her mightily to spead the Gospel. That many would hear the good news through her and be saved. Thank you for using us, Lord, to share your love.

In the Name of Jesus,
Amen

Have a great day!
Luv,
M