Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In less than 4 months I will be ...

In PERU!!! It's true. I got my acceptance letter last Friday, and I leave in August!
I graduate in about two weeks, then I have a summer: school free. It should be loads of fun, working at Starbucks and hanging with some cool kids (who happen to be the children of some church staff). But while I enjoy this summer, my mind will be swarming with thoughts of luggage, visas, school supplies and learning Spanish.
In fact, this may come as no surprise to some of you, but I am already starting to make lists. I have started planning what needs to be planned. That list looks like this:
1. Flight/travel
2. Classes
3. Supplies
4. Shots :/
5. Paying for school
6. Missions fundraising
7. Packing
8. Learn Spanish!

Then there is the list of what I would like to/am required to have for school. It looks like this:
1. LAPTOP
2. IPOD
3. Digital Camera
4. Bible Software
5. Bilingual Bible
6. Books
7. "Chuck Tracks"

Then there is the list of toiletries that I will need while I am there.... I haven't decided yet which ones to buy extras of here, and which ones to bring one of and buy more there. That's really a space issue.
1. Tooth brush (ok, that one is coming on the plane)
2. Tooth paste (ditto)
3. Contact solution (checked luggage for sure)
4. Shampoo/Conditioner
5. Shower gel/soap
6. Lotion
7. Curling spray for my hair (that's the first thing in my checked bag after contact solution)
8. Deodorant
9. Razors
10. Make-up (foundation, lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner)
11. Hair accessories (pins, rubber bands)

The final list is clothing, since I already have bedding and linens taken care of... This list will be made as it gets closer, since I really do still need to wear these clothes. For now, I think I will start stocking up on toiletries so it doesn't come as a big expense in August. I will probably pack and repack all summer! I love packing... yes, I'm a weirdo. But God has so designed me for travel. I am certain that is why I don't care about make-up, using public restrooms doesn't bother me, and I love to learn languages and try new foods (most of the time; just don't ask me about what I ate on my birthday in Ethiopia).

No comments: