Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm back, for real

I was only gone for a week, but it took me a month to recover. How does that happen? I was certain I had spoken to everyone I knew about my trip already, and then there was a church picnic. Full of people with questions. Especially the hardest question I've ever been called upon to answer: How was your trip? Well, I answered to the best of my ability, but the tolerant, slightly confused espressions showed me that my dear friends couldn't possibly relate to my week away from myself. So I sighed and encouraged any desire to go. Yes, please go.
I am excited for several reasons this week. First off, my school is out for Spring Break! Yay. No class, much needed sleep, and some homework catchup. Yesssss.
Also, today is St. Patrick's day, fun and green in a mostly Irish family. (And no I will not be drinking green beer. ugh. Another question I hate to answer, but for a different reason.)
I am also excited to say that I have officially applied for Calvary Chapel Bible college, and am now waiting on a few secondary items that I must send in. Then, of course, I will wait for a response. So, its becoming real. And really quite scary. I need to trust God in this one. I know He can do it, but I also need to believe He will. So pray with me on this one.
The other reason I am excited has little to do with me. Our youth is doing the 30-Hour Famine. Which is an awesome program that has a two-fold prupose. It not only raises money for World Vision, but it teaches jr. high and high school students what hunger is. It's awesome. And I have decided to support a few of the kids I know who are going hungry for a day and 6 hrs. So I am excited to see what God has for them.
I am now going to end this blog with a request. I ask that you would pray for Erica and David as they are hoping to lead a trip to Ethiopia next year. I know of several people who are already interested, and so my prayer for the year (and I hope yours as well) is that God would provide in all ways for this to take place. Financially, physically, emotionally and spiritually, that He would prepare each person He calls to this trip.

2 comments:

Elissa Hill said...

We will be praying for you all my friend! Darryl & I ourselves eventually plan on taking a trip, maybe we'll get to do this one : ) . God Bless you, and may comfort and well deserved rest come your way : )

Lauren said...

Hey Rachael! :)

You're on my list to ask to sponsor for the 30HF! You mentioned that you were sponsoring other kiddos, which I don't mind of course, but I'd love to have you sponsor me.

Also, I'm selling tickets for Aaron's raffle. I'm trying to sell the most tickets, and I'd love it if you'd help! Here's the link to the site.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Vfc4UbmnIQk/Sb_baq-B_UI/AAAAAAAAAA0/CEliR8Jt9Pg/s1600-h/Apple_iTouch_Raffle.jpg

Thanks!